Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Kingston!!!




Kingston Brent Ellsworth was born on August 31, and is such a great baby. So here is his story..... I had been having really good contractions all day Sunday the 30th, but wasn't sure if it was the real deal or not. You see with Caleb, I was bleeding really bad, which is what made me go to the hospital for delivery. With Cheyenne my water broke, so you see I had no idea as to what it would be like to go into labor with contraction. Sooooooooooooooooo..... I called the on call Dr. around 4pm on Sunday afternoon explaining to him how hard the contractions were and how far apart they were. To my surprise, the Dr. rudely told me "Well this is your third child you should know if your in labor or not". How rude:( So, I am not the one that likes to be embarrassed for going into the hospital when it could be nothing at all. So the Dr. tells me that if your contracting are about 4 min apart for two hours then to come in and get checked. So I was a little annoyed and feeling a little stupid, i waited out the pain. You ask how far apart were the contraction? Well they were about 3 min., then 7 min., then 5, they never were the same, so i had no idea. About 4am Monday morning, the 31st, I woke Brent, to tell him I couldn't take it anymore, it was really starting to hurt. So Brent talked to me on the phone as I drove to the hospital and walked through the doors. Now I know you all are thinking that I am crazy for driving myself to the hospital, and shame on Brent for allowing it, but in Brent's Defense he offered to drive me, and I wouldn't allow it. The kids were in bed, and what if it was false labor, then everyone was a Wake for nothing. So when I got the hospital the doors were locked, with a sign on the door that read, "If after hours please press the call button". Great just my luck, the call button did nothing. So the other sign read, "If after hours enter through Main entrance". Ok well that too was locked with a sign on the door that read, "If after hours please enter Emergency". You have got to be kidding, I wasn't about to walk all the way over there, so I went back to Labor and delivery to try the call button one more time, and it actually worked. Thank Goodness!!! So of course I had to sit through registration again, mind you this is my fourth time during the course of this pregnancy. I get admitted, get dressed in gowns, they asked all those questions that have been answered the last three times, and then I found out I am dilated to 6 1/2 to 7. The Nurse tells me that I need to call my husband, because I have a high leakage, and if my water breaks the baby will come quick. Well she was right. I was taken over to Labor and Delivery, my ivy was put in, the epidural had been order, and the anesthesiologist was going through her spill. She of course had nothing with her, imagine that, so she went to go get the supplies, but as she closed the door, my water broke. Oh in case your wondering Brent made it there while the anesthesiologist was talking to me. So my water broke, I called my nurse, she came to check me, and to her surprise she had to delivery Kingston, because he and I weren't going to wait for that Dr. we were ready, well I guess Kingston was, because I was still wanting the epidural. So all in all, when I checked into the hospital in registration it 4:36am, and by the time Kingston was born it was 5:56am, needless to say it was the fastest labor i have every been trough, but at least I can say I did it with no drugs.


Kingston was born so quick that he wasn't breathing normal, and was taken to NICU for the whole 48+ hours that were at the hospital. When babies are born to quick, they don't have enough time in the birth canal to squeeze out all the fluid, so sometimes they get fluid in there lungs, and sometime they can puncture little holes in their longs. Well Kingston had fluid in his longs, and was on EKG machines, ivy drips, and oxygen.

We are home now and doing really good, Caleb and Cheyenne love their little brother, infact they love him so much they won't leave him alone. Cheyenne wants to hold, and kiss Kingston all day long, and Caleb does to.

I feel really bad because with all the craziness of the day he was born we didn't get very many pictures, so here are the ones that I did mange to take....

But don't worry because one of Kingstons favorite aunts is going to take his picture, so I will be posting more later!!!

12 comments:

Lolo said...

Congratulations Tawna! He's a cutie! I had the door fiasco too, and how rude about your doctor snapping at you! MY doc gave me the look when I asked when I should go to the hospital, I was induced the first time so it was like my first time going into labor. Have fun with that little guy, he'll be huge next time you turn around. kinda sad but good!

The Tils Family said...

Congrats...I have been checking..Hope you guys are doing well.. Jen

Aaron and Amber said...

I am sooo excited to see pics. I have been a bad neighbor and have not come over. I do have something for you (actually Caleb's part in the program for sunday), but it does give me an excuse to come over and say hi and check up on you.

Glad everything turned out to be okay with everyone. I hope you and Kingston can find time to take naps and relax!

If you need anything- I am only a few houses away so please call!

Rees Family said...

Crazy Tawna. We missed you at Bunco, but I'm so glad things went well with the delivery. You are my hero for doing it natural. I could NEVER!!!! He is adorable. I hope you are getting some sleep.

Cori said...

Congratulations that is so fast, I thought my 4 hours from water breaking to delivery was fast but that's not even close. I had no idea you were this far along. Can't wait for more pictures

Tsanders said...

Congratulations Tawna! I haven't seen you guys for a long time and was wondering if you had your baby and then they announced it in Relief Society. Glad all is well and you have a healthy baby boy.

Kristi said...

Kingston is even more adorable in real life. Too bad he had to be in the NICU so much! I'm glad your labor went fast - I hope mine does, too!

nolongerablog said...

same birthday as Hannah... my niece.

Jill Ison said...

k seriously get the baby over here for some pictures! You have to remind me of things these days im getting old as you know. how about tomorrow?

The Regimballe Family said...

Congrats! What a crazy labor story! I want to know who your mean doc was?! Can't wait to see more pics of little Kingston!

Cori said...

Oh really? I didn't know that. I saw you were going to school, what are you going to school for? Yeah we totally should. Friday afternoons are awesome for me! Or even if we took turns taking the kids! Let me know for sure! Vincent doesn't get to play enough!

Aaron and Amber said...

Tawna- Those pics from Jill are so cute and precious. Thank you for sending me that way. I am glad she posted some for all to see. He is such a handsome boy. Love it! Can't wait to see him in person, maybe at bunco??? Maybe another time :)