Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christmas Traditions!!!

I am so far behind in blogging, but I can't go on with out talking about Christmas. I guess you can say that I am the type of person whom loves Family Traditions and often get bumbed when they are broken. Traditions that I had are great memories, and the older I get, the more those memories really meant something to me. I have to admit, sometimes I wish I could co back to them, and enjoy it one more time. I grew up in a family of ten, that's right I had seven other brothers, and sister, and a mom and dad. Will lived in a house that had a basement. So every Christmas, all the kids had to, or got to sleep down stairs in the game room. Everyone knows that as young kids, the curiosity of what Santa is bringing you, kills you, so you wake super early. Well my parents had a rule.... NO snooping, We had to wait until my parents were ready. Well how do you get your parents up without going up stairs to wake them you ask???? Simple, Call on the Telephone. Of course I think my mom wanted to torchier all of us, because while we all waited at the bottom of the stairs, she was taking a shower. How rude....... As all of us kids waited my dad would turn on the Christmas music and take a picture of all of us kids crammed on the stairs awaiting the moment to run for all the many presents we would get. So as the years went on the Christmas picture slowly when from eight waiting at the bottom to none. My parents took the final picture of an empty basement. So I tell you this story because it was one tradition that I will never forget. So as I started my own family, I have decided to start the Christmas Eve pajama gift giving.
I do have to say that I am a little disappointed with my Christmas picture taking because I set the video camera up to take video instead of photos, but come to find out the video camera ran out of battery so a little disappointing, but a good lesson learn right.

Caleb, and I made cookies for Santa, and placed a note by it. We of course have to wake our children up in the morning, so we woke Caleb up first, and said....

MOM and DAD: Caleb, do you think Santa came last night?

CALEB: HUH....

DAD: Why don't you go see if Santa came last night?

CALEB: I'm to tired I'm sleeping.....

MOM: Caleb I think Santa ate your cookies, go find out

CALEB: (jumps of the bed walks in stars at the empty cookie plate)

MOM and DAD: (wait, wait , wait, wait)

CALEB: (running) Mom, Dad, he came, and he all the cookies, and milk.

It was so cute although it took a long moment for him to realize what had happen, he was a happy little boy who ended up with his weedater, and blower. For Cheyenne, she couldn't ask for more, she got more dolls and doll accessories, she's set for life.

5 comments:

Jill Ison said...

awww thats so cute! are those the sugar cookies you made from the recipe i gave you? cuz you should probably know (and you probably do by now) those need frosting!!!!!

!!!TAWNA!!! said...

yes, I know they need frosting, but as I told you I double it, and didn't want to frost them by the time I was finished, better luck next year.

Jill Ison said...

yeah better luck next year for sure... hey its next year already, wanna make some for valentines day?

!!!TAWNA!!! said...

yes, I do want to make some for valentines, Call me!!!

Kristi said...

Those are fun family traditions - it's nice that you're starting your own. Don't worry, your kids will be waking you up on Christmas morning before too long.