Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Ellsworth's Farm!!!
You guess right, Baby chicks were hatched at the Ellsworth's Farm, and Caleb and Cheyenne are loving every minute of it. I should say Caleb is loving it more then Cheyenne. Caleb has been asking for baby chicks ever sense the first twelve were born a couple weeks ago, followed by twelve more. After the first baby chicks, and the mama was eaten by a coyote, Caleb's grandpa decided, the he would go by some more, so that Caleb wouldn't be devastated. Needless to say, Caleb doesn't like, or understand the whole food chain process. We will only be able to keep that one a secret a little while longer. Caleb has such a love for animals, everyday he says mom: can I have a dog, a cow, a horse, a chicken, a pig, a goat, snake, and just about any other animal that someone presents to him. (Please people no suggestions) Caleb will soon get to bring home his very own baby chicks after his chicken pen is finished being built. For Sure will have lots more stories to tell.
Cheyenne on the other hand, she to loves animals, but it a little more intimidated by them. She enjoyed holding the chick, but as soon as it moved she about jumped out of her seat. She was so cute, no matter how many times she tried to hold them, their touch just got her every time. Can you blame her, they are wiggle little things. She doesn't talk all that much yet, but when she does I think she'll be asking for something.
I guess I should mention, that chicks weren't the only thing born this last week, but a baby calf was also born Sunday. He sure is a cute little guy, he looks like a skunk, with a fluffy white tail, I don't have pictures yet, but rest assure, they will be coming soon.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know how I missed this post.... hmmmm weird.
anyways awww how cute. chicks are so cute... till they're not anymore. doesn't take long. I was wondering about that baby cafe. I was like hmmm we should eat there someday oh wait no, I bet she meant calf! way to keep me laughing!
Post a Comment