Monday, November 3, 2008

Better Late, Then Never!!!

November 3rd, Caleb and I finally carved our pumpkin. We have never done this before, so I am kinda feeling like a bad mother. How is it that it has taken me almost 4 years to carve a pumpkin with my child. Well I guess it is better late then never. We got our pumpkin on Halloween day, and by the time we got it, and got home it was time to go trick-or-treating, so it was to late. Then with Brent's Birthday, the pumpkin got pushed back. Caleb has been bugging me to carved the pumpkin, so we did. This is what the pumpkin looked like at the beginning, before we cut the pumpkin open. Poor pumpkin;(
This is Caleb getting all the guts out. I thought it was cute, he just kept saying..."Mother this pumpkin is slobbery" I love the perspective that kids have on things, it is so fun. I finally had to ask Caleb if is was slobbery or just slimy, and then he agreed it was slimy, but it is so cute. He did such a great job gutting Mr. Jack-O-Lantern.
Caleb wanted so badly to carve the pumpkin, and I would have except he's a little scary with a knife, maybe next year I think he will be ready. For this year, I did the carving, and this was our end result, not bad. Caleb was so excited to put a candle in it, he can't wait to show if off to his Grandma. I couldn't help it I liked this picture, it is a face of pure joy. He is holding up another pair of eyes, trying to put them on himself. Caleb and I had a very enjoyable time carving, and gutting the pumpkin this year, and next year we hope to get them done in time for Halloween, but I can't make any promises.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I wish I could get my kids to gut the pumpkin! I always get stuck with that job. This year we just painted our pumpkin because I was too lazy to do the carving. You and Caleb did a great job!

Jill Ison said...

you said it better late than never. I'm always a last minute pumpkin carver. Man its just so hard to find time these days! I have been meaning to call you I have just been so stinkin busy yesterday and today! can you turn off word verification? I hate that thing!

Unknown said...

I will :) I just need your e-mail address to be able to add you.

nolongerablog said...

your kids look all ISON! its crazy! looks like you guys have been having fun.

nolongerablog said...

So my grandpa gave me a box that was still at there house from when I lived there… I found old pics journals… funny funny funny!!!! Pics::: remember when we waxed my boyfriend Jody’s chest??? The pic are funny. What about the time I colored your hair in you parents kitchen with a toothbrush because I didn’t have enough color brushes for all the colors we used? Or the chocolate fight we had in the kitchen. Good times lady… J