as you can tell after the truck broke down Caleb pushed it all the way home, and he was going really fast, I could hardly keep up. He had fun though and that is all that matters. He will never forget what happens when your truck runs out of gas. After the park we went to the Cowboy store (Sheplers) to look for Belts and Belt Buckles. Caleb and I couldn't agree on a belt, so we walked away with two belt buckles in stead, and he sure is proud of them. Don't worry we went back for the belt later with Dad.
Then we went out for lunch and Slurpee's that was Caleb's Idea. Because Brent and I had School we didn't want Caleb to be stuck with a baby-sitter, so his Grandma took Caleb the Birthday Boy, and his two other cousins Gavin, and Lucy to the new Madagascar movie, and Caleb really enjoyed it, in fact he is still talking about it. I can't wait to get it on DVD. After Brent and I got home from school Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth had gotten Caleb a Birthday cake, and oh yes trick candles. Caleb thought that was great, and we even ate the cake after it was spit on several times till the candles finally went out. I think that he had a great Birthday, I was a little worried that he might not, but all worked out;)
I can't believe it I have a four year old. Like I said it is Bitter sweet, When your child is born your so grateful that their finally here, happy and healthy. Then you can't wait for the first time they sleep through the night, or their first tooth, the first time they roller over, sit up, say their first word, etc. You can't wait till they turn one, and then you realize you no longer have a baby anymore. Then you can't wait till they turn two and you can finally start to understand what they are saying, you start potty training, and then they turn three, and now four. Don't get me wrong, I love that my sweet Caleb is Happy and Healthy, and growing bigger, and bigger every day, and every year. I guess I just worry, he is such a great sweet kids, he loves to give his mother hugs, and kisses, and still misses me when I leave, and is so happy when I return, my worries are what happens when he is to old for all those things, I will totally miss them. It really it one of those moments that I truly cherish. I love Caleb, and Cheyenne with all my heart, and though I am grateful for their growing old, I am sad to see that one day they will no longer be my little babies. I guess I will have to settle for Big Babies!!!!
1 comment:
they do grow up in a flash. get all the squeezes and loves in that you can!
Post a Comment