Thursday, October 9, 2008

Potty Time;)

I can honestly say that Cheyenne is at such a fantastic age right now. She is getting so expressive, and sassy. Anyways, as most of you with children know, you take your children to the Doctor to get their well check ups. Yes, that is when you get to find out the progress of your child's development. For me this is always exciting, to see how tall, and fat they are. Well Cheyennes Doctor gives us this sheet that gives all her information, as well has where there suppose to be, and what to expect in the following months to come. A couple of things that I remember reading was, trying to ease your child into potty training, without the frustration. So as I read this is made sense to me. With Caleb I had had listen to others, that said potty training is sooooo easy. Not so easy. I felt a lot of frustration after he peed on the floor several time. Especially when he peed on the floor right in front of the toilet. Talk about frustrating. Anyways, I have been trying to put Cheyenne on the toilet a couple times a day just to get her use to it. I thought that she would be scared, but come to find out she likes it. Well after several times of putting her on the toilet, and telling her how big of a girl she is, she began to beg to sit on the toilet. So today, I thought I would give it a try. Here is Cheyenne, with the look of NOW WHAT???



Then to my surprise Cheyenne decided to go to PEE, PEE!!! As you can see she was very excited, after the amount of praise she got from her mommy. Well I mean how would you feel if your mom was jumping up and down, clapper her hands, and saying good job, as I am running to get the camera. (sorry for the money shot).


So after the praise, and lots of high fives, Cheyenne thought about the next step to bathroom duty's....






Wiping of the Fanny!!!

Not that she wiped, she just unrolled the toilet paper, and ripped it up little by little and placed it in the toilet.


Sure looks like fun. Thank goodness the roll was nearly gone, this could become and expensive habit.

Oh the joys of being easily amused!

And then of course, the last bathroom duty. The Flushing of the Toilet. It sure would be nice, if Cheyenne could get this down. I would like to say that Caleb flushes the toilets but, I have to admit, it doesn't happen all the time. He's getting better now. Anyways, I can't say wither or not this is the start of true potty training, she is only 19 1/2 months, one could only hope it would be so easy. Wish me LUCK!!



6 comments:

quadmom said...

What a cute post Tawna! Cheyenne is such a big girl. That's amazing that she's already sitting on the toilet. I too love those dr. check ups to see how tall and fat they're getting. i love the way you put that! Have a great day!

Camber Wilson said...

Ha Ha!!! Good luck with that one :) It sinks, litterally and figuratively.

Jill Ison said...

What a good girl. and gooood luck with that! You're ahead of me thats for sure. lucy says she "need a potty train", but unfortunately I think she thinks its a party on a train. she chants "party train! party train!" oh boy it's not looking good for me!

!!!TAWNA!!! said...

Jill, that is funny, maybe you should have a potty train party, and see if that works, Lucy is so funny, I can't stand it!!!

Kristi said...

Chloe is sitting on my lap while I read your blog, and when she saw the pictures of Cheyenne, she got all excited and said, "Cheyah, Cheyah!" Isn't that cute that she recognizes her cousin? Good luck on the potty training! The pictures are so cute!

Camber Wilson said...

Hey... I'm sorry I haven't called you this week... I have a group presentation, so I've been so buisy. Lets plan on the zoo sometime next week. I'll call you... I would say friday, but me and Luke are going to SIX FLAGS!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm so dang excited :) I'll call you later.