Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a Wonderful Day!!!

Today has been such a wonderful family day! It didn't start so well, but turned out to be one of the best days we have had in along time. This morning Brent got up to go do is weekly landscaping, when he found out that his car battery was dead. After fixing it, he decided that today need to be a family day. We went to the Botanical Garden out by the Phoenix Zoo. We were going to go to the Phoenix Zoo after the Botanical garden but for those of you that know me, I don't really like the zoo, unless it is a beautiful day (like it was today), and it can't be busy. Well it was. Seems as though everyone, and their dogs went to the Phoenix zoo. Instead we went and hiked the Papago mountain.

This is Cheyenne, underneath the Ironwood Tree. She really liked this tree, it was a little prickly but she liked to play in it. Isn't that such a cute face.










Again this is me and Cheyenne under the Ironwood Tree.


















Caleb and Cheyenne rode in the wagon the whole time at the Botanical Garden, and did such a great job.


Sometime Cheyenne felt a little couped up and need to get out and stretch, so she helped push the wagon. What a good little helper:)



But Caleb didn't mind a free ride;)

Caleb wanted to look in the telescope, and. . .


Cheyenne wanted to play in the Dirt!!!


Me and my sweet little children!!!
Here are some pictures that I really enjoyed.....
We went to papago mountain, and there you can climb in a bunch of little crevasses in the mountain that look like little cave, so me and Caleb climbed up to the first little one all by ourselves, and Caleb was so proud of us.


My Sweet Caleb, is such a good boy.


Brent and Cheyenne were hiking buddies, and they really enjoy hiking together. Ok, really its because I get tired to easy, and lets just face it, he's better at caring her then I am. Besides I did carry the camera;)The view atop this mountain was wonderfully neat, you could see a majority of Phoenix.


Ok, really I just thought this was a cute picture!!!




So Brent, and I don't have very many pictures together, because one of us is always taking them, so we gave the camera to Caleb, to see what he could do so the next pictures, are taken by Caleb. Pretty good for an almost 4 year old. Good Job Caleb!!!

So as I said earlier this has been such a wonderful day. The weather was great, the kids had a wonderful time at the Garden, and hiking Papago mountain. If your anything like me, and you don't get to do things like this very often, then you come to a great appreciation for the wonderful family time that you get to spend with one another. I am so thankful for my sweet little family, and I can't wait for more opportunities to get out and play.

8 comments:

Lolo said...

That looks like a fun day! YAY for fun days! Your kids are cuties!

AMBER said...

It's good to hear from you, it has been a long time! Your kids are so cute!

Jill Ison said...

Cute pictures Tawna! Looks like you had a great day! Where was my invite! J/K. Had to get you back on that one! I stopped by your house last night... you weren't home. so I will probably be calling you very soon.

Camber Wilson said...

How fun... My kids probably would have fallen into a cactus, but it looks like a fun day out. Lets hand out this week.

Camber Wilson said...

Hiking?!? Where would you want to go? No kids right...

nolongerablog said...

Yea- I didn’t know you guys had a blog!!!! K so I some how erased you phone number! And then after you called me that last time I forgot to add your number… I was just talking to my cousin about you the other day. Yes we really do need to hang out. Every now and again I see your dad and Jamie out side working on things. I miss you lady! Your kids are so big. Kaleb is a little man. How old is he now? Cheyenne is beautiful. Its funny both your kids look some much alike and so much like you! K lady we need to keep in touch better! I know im the one who is slaking! This will be easier now that I see you guys have a blog… what are you guys doing for Halloween??? A friend and I are having a party, you guys should come after trick or treating!! It will be fun! J

quadmom said...

Hi Tawna! I love all of those great pictures of you and your hubby with your cute kiddos. Sounds like such a fun day you had! You should come to Del Taco today at 11:30 for lunch with your kiddos. We meet on Val Vista and Southern.

Kristi said...

What a lot of awesome pictures! You do have such a wonderful little family.