Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where Babies Come From!!!

A couple of weeks ago, Caleb, Cheyenne, and I had the opportunity to go to a good friend of mine, ultrasound. Caleb, thought it was so neat to see the baby inside Katie's tummy. Congratulations Katie, It's a GIRL!!! Anyway the topic lately at our house has been about babies. Last night Caleb and I made our run to the DQ for our blizzards, and the hospital happens to be right next door to DQ. So here's our conversation.

Caleb: "Look mother, there's the hospital."

Mother: "Yep, there it is."

Caleb: "Mother you have to go there when your tummy gets to big, and fat, and then they take the baby out."

Caleb: "Like when you had Cheyenne."

Mother: "Yeah, that's right, you go to the hospital to get babies out of our tummy."

Caleb: "YEAH"

So then we proceeded to get our ice cream, and that was the end of our conversation about babies.... Until this morning. I forgot to tell Brent about the conversation that Caleb, and I had last night, so i decided to tell him today. As I was telling him the story, Caleb pipes in and this is what he said....

Caleb: "Yeah dad, when mother eat Cheyenne, then she had to go to the hospital to get Cheyenne out. Just like Katie, she ate her baby, and now shes going to have a sister."

Brent and I just thought that was funny, and laughed. I guess someday we will have to set things straight, but for now, I don't think will go into any details.

4 comments:

Jill Ison said...

I love getting the kiddos perspective on things! Caleb is a little extra funny dont you think? That totally had me laughing!

Kristi said...

How else would a baby get in your tummy? Duh!! Caleb is so funny!

quadmom said...

That is the cutest story. It made me laugh so hard. What a cute little boy!

Katie Koutz said...

How cute I forgot all about this. You have been a part of all three of my kids. Love you tawna